Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
The aroma of pumpkin pie spice, and the delicious nutrition of warm baked yams. You won't need to add sugar, marshmallows, or any other sweetener to these yams! They go well with any main dish.
- 3 – 4 large yams, cubed in 1" chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ – ½ cup water
- 1 tsp cornstarch (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cloves
- Place cubed yams in a large roasting pan, preferably one big enough to make a single layer.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the yams and stir to coat. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1-2 hours until soft and slightly browned.
- Mix orange juice, water, spices, and cornstarch (if using) and pour over the yams and bake for another 5-10 minutes. Serve.
- Alternatively, you could heat the orange sauce separately and pour over the yams just before serving.