Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the O'Reilly Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1988. Marked as Bessie’s favorite biscotti “sells well at bake sales”. Notation indicates this came from a 1960’s Ladies Home Journal. Exact date unknown.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4-teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/4-teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 egg
- 3/4-cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Toast pecans.
- Finely chop pecans and set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.
- cream Sugar and softened butter together in a separate bowl until fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract, orange zest, and egg to Sugar mixture.
- Add dry ingredients, including pecans, and fold in until thoroughly blended.
- On a cookie tray covered with waxed paper, form the dough into a 3-inch by 12-inch log.
- Remove the waxed paper and bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Set aside to cool for ten minutes, then slice diagonally and place on the cookie sheet cut-side down.
- Bake for another 20 minutes at 300-degrees, then turn the oven off and leave the biscotti in the oven for one to two hours until crunchy.