- In small saucepan combine Sugar and water.
- Stir over medium heat to dissolve Sugar.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- In container of electric blender combine Sugar mixture, strawberries, lemon juice and liqueur.
- Blend until smooth, scraping sides of container as needed. Pour into shallow bowl.
- When frozen about 1 inch around edge, process in electric blender or food processor until smooth.
- Return to freezer; freeze until firm. Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.
- Spoon into individual dishes. Garnish each serving with additional strawberries and accompany with cookies, if desired.