Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: n. a.
Cook time: 30, 45 or 60 minutes (see directions)
Serves: n. a.
This is a simply delectable cake with a fine crumb and a rich, spicy flavor. The addition of walnuts make this cake a little more toothy and wholesome. This is best when topped with a chocolate butter frosting, but can certainly be topped with a white butter frosting, too.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Cream the butter and sugar well before adding the egg yolks, one at a time - make sure to mix until just blended before adding the next yolk.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk.
- Beat the room temperature, reserved egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold the whites into the batter until just blended - do NOT over-mix, as your cake will lose its precious volume.
- Pour into a 13 x 9" pan, layer pans or a springform pan. Bake at 350 °F for 30 minutes if using layer pans, 45 minutes for a 13 x 9" pan or 60 minutes if using a springform pan. Note that you can also use a tube (angel food cake) pan as well. Follow the baking time for a springform pan if you use a tube pan.
- Let the cake cool completely in the pan before frosting with either a white butter or chocolate butter frosting. Top with additional chopped walnuts, then serve.