Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces medium Shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large Onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup uncooked texmati rice
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can fat free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup cubed Ham, leftover if u have some
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Heat 1 tsp oil in a large skillet. Add Shrimp and ¼ teaspoon oregano; sauté until is just cooked about 1–2 minutes. Remove Shrimp. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in same skillet. Add sweet red pepper, Onion and garlic. Sauté for 3 minutes until just tender. Stir in rice, the remaining ¼ teaspoon oregano and broth. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in tomatoes with juice, salt, pepper flakes and Ham. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Return Shrimp to skillet; heat through, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with cilantro.