Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) canola or vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (240 ml) uncooked long grain rice
- 1¾ cups (420 ml) water
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 to 1½ teaspoons (5 to 7.5 ml) chili powder
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove to paper towels.
- Add oil to the drippings; sauté onion for 3 minutes.
- Add rice; stir until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Sprinkle with bacon.
Nutritional information Edit
- 287 cal. | 12 g fat (4 g sat. fat) | 16 mg chol. | 514 mg sodium | 34 g carbo. | 2 g fiber | 10 g protein
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch | 2 fat | 1 vegetable