Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Serving Size : 10
- ½ large yellow onion -- diced fine
- 3 cloves garlic -- minced
- 1 pint (1 cup) rice (correct me, if I'm wrong about that))
- 1 cup v-8 vegetable juice
- 1 can whole tomatoes -- crushed
- 1 cup water
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons chicken base or 1 cube chicken bouillon
- ¼ pound butter
- Sauté onion in a little oil until clear.
- Add garlic, and sauté until fragrant.
- Add rice, and sauté until a nutty smells develops (2-3 minutes).
- Pour in V-8 juice, tomatoes, and water.
- Add cumin, coriander, white pepper, salt, and chicken base or bullion.
- Bring to a boil.
- At this time i usually cover the pot, and throw it in the oven for about twenty-five minutes.
- This almost guarantees that you won't scorch or burn it; however, you can cook it own the stove top.
- Just turn the flame or element to a low temperature, and watch the rice closely.
- When water is gone and rice is firm not mushy, remove from heat source.
- Add butter to top.
- After butter has melted, gently fold rice to evenly distribute the butter.
- Adjust the salt content to your liking.