From Menu and Recipes Week 10/14/07
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ cups rice
- 2½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup plain tomato sauce (or 1 can diced tomatoes undrained) 
- 3 cloves finely chopped garlic 
- ¼ of a medium onion
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 heaping tablespoons of finely chopped parsley (optional)
- In a medium sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add in the fresh garlic and onion.
- Sauté for 1 – 2 minutes until softened.
- Add in dry rice.
- Stir for about 5 minutes until rice becomes a golden brown color.
- Add in broth and tomato sauce (slowly into rice, not directly onto hot pan!) add in the parsley if you're using it.
- Stir it up and bring to a boil.
- Once it starts boiling, turn the heat to low and cover.
- Let it simmer for 20 minutes and fluff with a fork.
- ↑ If you don't have tomato sauce you can use unseasoned stewed tomatoes, or canned diced tomatoes with their liquid.
- ↑ If you don't have fresh garlic or onions on hand you can use the equivalent in powder form. Do not sauté the powder, just skip that step and add the garlic powder and/or onion powder when you add the liquids.