Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (can use up to ¼ cup)
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups of medium or long-grain white rice
- 3 cups chicken stock (or vegetable stock if vegetarian)
- 1 heaping tablespoon tomato paste or 1 cup of diced fresh or cooked tomatoes
- pinch of oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet brown rice in olive oil, medium/high heat.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Cook onion rice mixture, stirring frequently, about 4 minutes, or until onions are softened.
- In a separate sauce pan bring stock to a simmer.
- Add tomato sauce, oregano, and salt.
- Add rice to broth.
- Bring to a simmer. Cover.
- Lower heat and cook 15 – 25 minutes, depending on the type of rice and the instructions on the rice package.
- Turn off heat and let sit for 5 minutes.