Guacamole is best made as close to service as possible. This countrified Spanish dip is made with real fruits and vegetables and is great with other side dishes, as it often keeps a tangy aroma with the avocados and alcohol content.
- 4 California avocados
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green olives
- ½ cup coarsely chopped, toasted, slivered almonds
- 4 large cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped finely
- ¼ cup moderate-dry sherry
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- salt, to taste, depending on saltiness of the olive
- Coarsely mash California avocados. Fold in remaining ingredients with the rubber spatula.
- Spoon the Spanish-style guacamole into a fresh container and reserve this in the refrigerator. Serve with pork rinds, potato or corn chips, or other side dishes.
Nutritional Information Edit
Servings: 5 cups