Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 1 turkey (8- to 10-pound size)
- 1 medium-sized red onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups powdered cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon anise seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Thaw the turkey, remove the neck and giblets from the cavities, and wash the cavities thoroughly.
- Remove the skin from the onion and chop into ¼-inch pieces.
- Peel and mince the garlic.
- Stir the onion and garlic into ¼ cup vegetable oil and, using a paper towel, rub the inside of the turkey cavity with the garlic and onion mixture.
- Leave all the garlic and onion pieces inside the cavity.
- Mix together the cocoa, cinnamon, and anise into the remaining ½ cup vegetable oil.
- Use this to baste the turkey.
- Place the turkey in the oven and baste every 15 minutes for 3 hours.
- Remove the turkey and let it rest for 30 minutes before serving.