Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 1 turkey (8- to 10-pound size)
- 1 medium-sized red onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups powdered cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon anise seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Thaw the turkey, remove the neck and giblets from the cavities, and wash the cavities thoroughly.
- Remove the skin from the onion and chop into ¼-inch pieces.
- Peel and mince the garlic.
- Stir the onion and garlic into ¼ cup vegetable oil and, using a paper towel, rub the inside of the turkey cavity with the garlic and onion mixture.
- Leave all the garlic and onion pieces inside the cavity.
- Mix together the cocoa, cinnamon, and anise into the remaining ½ cup vegetable oil.
- Use this to baste the turkey.
- Place the turkey in the oven and baste every 15 minutes for 3 hours.
- Remove the turkey and let it rest for 30 minutes before serving.