6 servings (not enough for your mum)
- 1 kg chicken, washed and cut into pieces
- 1½ inches ginger, minced
- ¾ cup salad oil or vegetable oil (i use much less)
- 18 big garlic flakes, minced
- 3 medium onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 10 green chilies, chopped (can reduce the number we love spice so i use the whole quantity the recipe calls for)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder (reduce qty if reqd)
- 1½ teaspoons black pepper (ditto)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- ½ cup ketchup
- Heat the oil.
- Fry ginger and garlic for 2 mins.
- Then fry the onion till golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and fry till it becomes soft.
- Now add chillies and fry well.
- Add chicken pcs, salt, pepper, chilli powder and bay leaf.
- Cook over low heat till chicken cooks and lastly add the vinegar and ketchup and keep on fire for 5 mins.
- Keep a lot of cool drinks on the side and serve.