Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A Catfish recipe.
- 2 cups chicken stock or canned broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- 1/2 pound chorizo, thinly sliced (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green or red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes (or 2 medium frehs tomatoes, chopped)
- 2 cups converted rice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound medium Shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 pound fresh mussels, well scrubbed
- 1 9-ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
1. Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
3. Brown the sausages in a large, oven-proof skillet over medium heat, turning Sausage once. Using a slotted spoon, remove Sausage from the pan and set aside. Add olive oil to the skillet and heat. Add Onion and sauté until translucent. Stir in garlic, bell peppers, tomatoes and rice, tossing to coat with the oil. Add the chicken stock mixture, salt, cayenne pepper and the Sausage and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover with a tight-fitting lid or aluminum foil and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover and remove from the heat.
4. Arrange Catfish fillet pieces, Shrimp, mussels and artichokes over the cooked rice, pushing them down into it. Sprinkle Peas over top and cover. Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until Catfish flakes easily when tested with a fork.