Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Makes 8 cups.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- ½ cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1¼ cup bulgur
- 3 cup hot chicken or beef broth
- 19 oz can, tomatoes
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp tarragon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, coarsely chop
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, cooked and drained
- ½ cup soy nuts, coarsely chopped
- Heat oil in a frypan.
- Add carrot, onion and garlic.
- Stir-cook over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Add bulgur.
- Continue to stir-cook about 3 minutes until bulgur is coated with pan juices.
- Add broth, tomatoes, paprika, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Heat to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir in celery, green pepper, chick peas and soy nuts; cover and simmer 15 minutes longer until bulgur is tender and juices are absorbed.
- Turn off heat, let stand, covered, 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
Nutritional information Edit
1 cup serving - 201 calories, 1 protein choice, 2 starchy choices 32 grams carbohydrate, 7 grams protein, 5 grams fat.