Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is my twist on a peasant-style soup.
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 1/2 cups canned tomatoes, diced and undrained
- 19 ounces Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, stems removed, chopped
- 3 cups herbed croutons (or your choice flavor)
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron (different tasting soup without it)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Heat large non-stick skillet. Remove from heat and spray with cooking oil. Return to medium heat. Add Onion and garlic, cooking until Onion is soft. Don't let garlic burn! Add croutons and cook until golden, tossing gently. Remove from heat. Put broth into large pot and heat slowly. Into blender, place 1/2 of croutons and 1/2 cup tomatoes. Pulse until coarsely ground and add to broth. Repeat with remaining croutons and 1/2 cup tomatoes. Add rest of tomatoes, spinach, Chickpeas amd saffron. Cook, stirring occasionally