Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 1 lb spaghettini or capellini
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- finely grated zest from 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Cook pasta in a 6-quart pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Reserve 1 cup cooking water and drain pasta in a colander.
- While pasta is boiling, cook garlic and red pepper flakes (to taste) in oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat, stirring, until garlic is golden, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in zest, then juice, salt, pepper, and ½ cup reserved cooking water and bring to a simmer.
- Toss pasta in sauce with parsley (add more cooking water if pasta seems dry).