Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, very finely chop
- ½ red bell pepper, ¼" dice
- 3 celery stalks, ¼" dice
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 1 cup vegetable stock or bean cooking liquid
- ¼ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ½ tsp hot pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 8 to 10 oz spaghetti
- 1 to 2 oz freshly grated romano cheese for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a nonstick frying pan.
- Add the garlic, onion, bell pepper, and celery and cook over medium heat until soft but not brown, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the white beans and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the stock or bean liquid, half the parsley, pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste.
- The sauce should be highly seasoned.
- Simmer until the beans are quite soft, about 20 minutes.
- Coarsely mash the beans with a fork.
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot in 4 quarts rapidly boiling salted water until al dente, about 8 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Meanwhile, bring the sauce to a boil.
- Transfer the spaghetti sauce in a large shallow bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle spaghetti with the remaining parsley and serve at once with freshly grated cheese on top.
Nutritional information Edit
- 347 calories | 74g pro | 62g carb | 5g fat (13%) | 1.8g fiber | .4 mg chol | 27g sod
- exchanges: .2 veg | 3.6 bread | .4 meat | .7 fat