Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is way too high in carbs... So try your favorite healhty/low carb pasta or better yet try Spaghetti Squash! Take care, Gloria
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
- Servings: 6
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 28 oz tomatoes, whole, canned
- 1 cup green bell pepper
- 1 cup onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb pasta, spaghetti
- Coat large skillet with nonstick spray.
- Preheat over high heat.
- Add turkey and cook, stirring occasionally, for five minutes.
- Drain and discard fat.
- Stir in tomatoes with juice, green pepper, onion, garlic, oregano, and black pepper.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cover and simmer for additional 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in unsalted water.
- Drain well.
- Serve sauce over spaghetti.
- For creamier sauce, give sauce a whirl in blender or food processor.
Nutrition Information Edit
- 455 Calories | 6g Total Fat | 1g Saturated Fat | 248mg Sodium | 71g Carbs | 5g Dietary Fiber | 51mg Cholesterol | 28g Protein
- Carb Choices: 4½