Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1½ pounds fresh ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ⅛ tsp ground red pepper
- ½ cup pitted brine cured black olives coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp capers
- salt and pepper
- 1 pkg. thin spaghetti (16 oz)
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil and garlic in large skillet over low heat until garlic begins to sizzle.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano and red pepper; simmer, uncovered, until sauce is thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Add olives, capers and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss spaghetti with sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese before serving.