- 5 medium tomatoes
- 1/4 pound small asparagus
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/4 pound small white mushrooms
- 1 large red and/or green sweet pepper
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound spaghetti
1.Peel, seed and dice tomatoes. Wash asparagus and cut tips off stalks. Wash and dry zucchini and mushrooms, cut into thin slices. Wash pepper and cut into short thin strips.
2.Heat oil in a large skillet. Add pepper strips and saute over medium heat 5–6 minutes. Add onion, zucchini, asparagus tips, and mushrooms. Sautè 4–5 minutes. Add diced tomatoes and salt and pepper. Cook uncovered over medium heat 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in parsley and garlic. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
3.Cook spaghetti; drain and place in a warm deep dish or bowl. Pour sauce over spaghetti. Serve immediately.
- Vegetable of the Month: Asparagus by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe