Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: My old recipes
- Serves 6
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 lean slices bacon, diced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 lb canned peeled tomatoes, drained
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked for 10 to 12 minutes and drained and then kept hot
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In pan, heat oil (olive or sunflower oil) over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, add onion and garlic.
- Fry, stirring occasionally for 5 to 7 minutes or until onion is soft but not brown.
- Stir in the bacon and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Stir constantly.
- Add wine and bring liquid to boil.
- Boil rapidly for 2 minutes, then add the tomatoes.
- Stir in the salt, pepper and oregano and bring liquid to boil again.
- Reduce heat to medium low and continue cooking for 15 minutes more.
- Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Put spaghetti in large deep serving dish and pour over the sauce, using 2 large spoons.
- Toss mixture until thoroughly coated with sauce.
- Sprinkle over the grated cheese and serve at once.