Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 5 cups chopped butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 large onion
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 pinch ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Bring 4 cups of vegetable broth to boil.
- Add chopped squash.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until tender, drain.
- In a separate large sauce pan, melt margarine over medium heat.
- Cook onion and red pepper, stirring, 3-5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in Squash and stock, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer partially covered and stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
- In blender or food processor, puree squash mixture in batches until smooth.
- Return to saucepan.
- Stir in rest of water.
- Cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Add spices, adjust seasoning to taste.