Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A classic Italian sauce of meat, eggs and cheese; Spaghetti Carbonara is both quick and easy to prepare. Place in a warmed ceramic bowl and serve family style along with a spinach and balsamic vinaigrette salad.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Source: Chef Antonio Cecconi
- Serves 6
- 16 ounces Dreamfields spaghetti (one box)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 8 ounces sliced bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a 2-quart dutch oven or sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook garlic and bacon for 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp; drain off fat.
- Mix together eggs, Parmesan and romano cheeses, parsley and pepper; set aside.
- Drain spaghetti; immediately return to saucepan over low heat.
- Add egg mixture; quickly toss with spaghetti.
- Add bacon mixture; toss.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and cracked black pepper if desired.
Nutritional information Edit
- calories: 541 | protein: 31 g | carbohydrates: 14 g | fat: 24 g | saturated fat: 8 g | cholesterol: 157 mg | sodium: 1085 mg | dietary fiber: 6 g