Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix flour and salt.
- Make well in center of flour mixture and add egg and water.
- Stir egg-water mixture, gradually drawing in flour from edges until mixture is blended and forms a soft, smooth dough (add more flour or water as necessary).
- Sautéed fennel: in large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and carrot and cook, stirring often, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add fennel slices, parsley, bay leaf and wine.
- Reduce heat and cook until fennel is tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Fill potato ricer fitted with a ¼-inch hole attachment with half the dough and push it through into boiling water.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Alternatively, divide dough into two pieces and press or roll each piece on a lightly floured surface about ¼ inch thick.
- Using wet knife, cut dough into thin slivers about 2 inches long.
- Using knife or spatula, carefully push the pieces of dough into the boiling water.
- Cook spaetzle until they rise to the surface, reduce heat to medium high and cook until tender and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes more.
- Remove with slotted spoon and drain in colander.
- Add to fennel mixture, tossing lightly to coat.
- Season with salt and serve right away.