Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a tasty, satisfying dish, though it may sound ordinary. Serve with a spinach salad.
- Makes 8 servings
- ⅔ cup soybeans cooked with
- ½ cup peanuts
- 1⅓ cup bulgur uncooked
- 1½ cup brown rice uncooked
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- ¼ lb mushrooms sliced
- 2 cup stewed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp soy flour
- 3 tbsp brewer's yeast
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp celery seeds ground
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- ½ cup sharp Cheddar cheese grated
- Cook soybeans and peanuts together. Set aside.
- Cook bulgur and brown rice together. Set aside.
- Sauté garlic, onion, green pepper, and mushrooms in oil.
- Add cooked soybeans and peanuts and sauté until coated with oil.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese, and simmer 15 minutes or longer.
- Serve over the mixed grains, with the cheese sprinkled on top.