- 1½ cups unflavoured soy milk
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 bananas, sliced (optional)
- Whisk all ingredients except the bananas together in a pot.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until pudding thickens.
- Remove pot from stove.
- Stir in sliced bananas, if desired.
- Chill for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Chocolate: Reduce vanilla to ¼ tsp and stir in ½ cup cocoa powder.
- Carob-mint: Reduce vanilla to ¼ tsp and stir in ½ cup roasted carob powder and ½ tsp peppermint extract.
- Almond: Eliminate vanilla and add 1 tsp pure almond extract. Serve sprinkled with toasted, sliced almonds.
- Lemon: Replace ¼ cup of the soymilk with pure lemon juice. Add ½ tsp lemon zest.
- Banana: Puree the 2 bananas instead of slicing them. Stir into the pudding before it thickens. Add a dash of cinnamon and serve sprinkled with crushed walnuts, if desired.