- 1 kg leg of Pork, cut into 1" (2.5 cm) cubes
- 4 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 Onion finely, chopped
- 5 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- lemon juice
- Pitta bread
- Thread the meat cubes on to the skewers.
- Make sure the barbecue has reached the right heat. Ideally for the best results kebab should be cooked over charcoal.
- Place the skewers on the barbeque and liberally apply salt, turn the skewers over and salt the other side. Turn the skewers from time to time to ensure that the meat cooks evenly on all sides.
- Just before the souvlakia are cooked, warm some Pitta bread over the grill. Remove the souvlakia from the grill and using a fork take the meat off the skewers and put it into a serving dish.
- Divide a pitta in two and in the pocket spoon in the meat, tomatoes, Onion, parsley, salt and lemon juice.