Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Souvlaki with ostrich meat and herbs
- 800 g boneless ostrich meat, cut in cubes
- 125 g strained yoghurt
- 2 spoons oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint
- 2 spoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 8 bay leaves
- Mix in a bowl the yoghurt, oil, mint, garlic.
- Add salt and pepper and after mixing well add the cubes of ostrich meat.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge for an hour.
- After an hour remove the marinated meat from the fridge and thread it on skewers together with the bay leaves.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes in 180 c.
- Baste them regularly with the mix that you used for marinating the meat.
- Serve hot with rice.
- You can use the yoghurt mix as a sauce for the rice.