- 1 pound Bob Evans Original Recipe Roll Sausage
- 1 (16 ounce) jar prepared salsa - medium heat
- 1 1/4 cups plain bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 to 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced - green part only
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Combine mixture with cut vegetables and seasoning. Form into 1 1/2 to 2 inch meatballs and place on non-stick cookie sheet. Leave space between meatballs. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes depending on oven.
Serve with remaining salsa in a dish and side container of wooden picks on tray.
Makes approximately 24 to 26 meatballs. Refrigerate leftovers. Enjoy!