- 1 lb lean ground Beef
- 1 lb ground Pork
- 3/4 cup pitted black olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup pickled sliced jalapenos, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon best quality chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup hot pepper jelly, medium or hot
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine all ingredients except for jelly in large bowl (hands work best for mixing) and mix well.
3. Pack mixture into greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan and spread a couple tablespoons hot pepper jelly on the top.
4. Bake for 1 1/4 hours or just until cooked through.
5. Brush on the remaining jelly while it's baking to glaze the meatloaf.