Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Source: Better Homes and Gardens
- Start to Finish: 50 minutes
- Makes 6 to 8 Servings
- 2 to 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package active dry yeast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water (120°F to 130°F)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 medium zucchini or yellow summer squash, cut into 2-inch long julienne strips (about 1½ cups)
- 2 green onions, bias sliced into 1-inch pieces (½ cup)
- 1 x 9-ounce can bean dip
- ¾ cup picante sauce or salsa
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese (8 ounces)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl combine 1¼ cups of the flour, the yeast, and salt.
- Add water and 2 tablespoons oil.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly.
- Beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
- Using a spoon, stir in cornmeal and as much of the remaining flour as you can.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes total).
- Divide dough in half. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Grease two 11- to 13-inch pizza pans or baking sheets.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each half of dough into a circle 1 inch larger than pizza pan.
- Transfer dough to pans.
- Build up edges slightly. Flute edges, if desired. Prick generously with a fork. Do Not let rise.
- Bake in a 425°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken into bite-size strips; Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon cooking oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook and stir zucchini or yellow summer squash in hot oil for 30 seconds.
- Add the 1-inch bias-sliced green onion pieces; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until all the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Remove vegetables from the skillet.
- Add half of the chicken to the hot skillet. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Spread bean dip over hot crusts.
- Spread picante sauce or salsa over bean dip.
- Spoon chicken and vegetables over picante sauce.
- Sprinkle with Monterey jack cheese.
- Bake about 12 minutes more or until cheese melts and sauce is bubbly.
- Sprinkle with sliced green onion.
- ↑ Make-ahead tip: Prepare pizza dough; divide into 2 equal portions. Place in plastic freezer bags. Seal, label, and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw overnight in refrigerator before using.