- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp annatto seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 med onions, peeled and sliced
- 3 bell peppers, cored and sliced (green, red, yellow)
- 1 lbs Monterey jack Cheese, shred
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 10 flour tortillas, fijata size
- In a dry saucepan over medium heat, roast peppercorns, annatto seeds, cumin seeds, chili powder and oregano until seeds begin to pop, about 5 minutes.
- Place the roasted seeds in a blender with the salt and grind finely.
- Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in the pan over medium-high heat and saute the onions and peppers until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spice mix and cook 3-5 minutes more, adding water if needed to keep the vegetables from sticking.
- Cover the stacked tortillas with paper towels and heat in the microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Place each tortilla on a plate.
- Layer with cheese, vegetables mixture, lettuce and tomato.
Nutritional info per serving: 293 calories; 11.9g pro, 33.9 g carb, 13.9g fat