- 1 (8 ounce) package Rotini macaroni
- 1 pound mild sausage
- 1 pound hot sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (26 ounce) can garlic and herb spaghetti sauce
- 13 ounces tomato juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage, onion and pepper over medium heat until sausage is done; drain off the fat.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, tomato juice, salt and kidney beans.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Drain macaroni and stir into meat mixture.
- Transfer into two 2-quart greased baking dishes.
- Top with cheese, cover and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 10 minutes longer.
- Serve one casserole; allow the second to cool, cover and freeze for up to three months
Contributed by: Edit