Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: 200 Healthy Recipes in 30 Minutes or Less!
- Yield: 12 servings
- 12 slices (1oz each) from a long loaf of crusty French bread (1 lb)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp minced cilantro
- ½ cup chopped plum tomatoes
- ½ cup frozen corn, thawed
- ½ cup minced green peppers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 – 10 drops hot pepper sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Brush each slice of bread with the oil and toast the bread slices on a cookie sheet in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and top each slice of bread with the bruschetta.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (1 slice):
- 117 Calories | 4g Fat | 0mg Cholesterol | 175mg Sodium | 17g Carbs | 1g Dietary Fiber | 1g Sugars | 3g Protein
- Diabetic exchanges: 1 Starch | 1 Monounsaturated Fat