- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 (2¼ ounce) cans sliced ripe * 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can green chiles, diced
- ¼ pound grated Monterey jack cheese
- ¼ pound grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced Ro-Tel tomatoes with chiles
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 cup water
- Cook ground Beef until lightly browned.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté until onions are limp.
- Add green chiles, chili powder, cumin, cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add water and Ro-Tel tomatoes or stewed tomatoes. #Remove from heat.
- Place ⅓ of the crushed tortilla chips in casserole dish, layer ⅓ of the refried beans, ground Beef mixture, and cheese mixture.
- Continue layers until all items are used, ending with a layer of cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 °F for 45 minutes.