Prep Time: 8am
Cook time: 7am
I could eat sweet potatoes every day, easily. Here’s another recipe, great for spring and summe, perfect for picnics as there’s no pesky mayo to worry about, and sure to be a healthy hit. This recipe for Southwest Sweet Potato Salad is simply amazing!
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 5 garlic cloves, 2 minced and 3 peeled but whole
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon of a smoked paprika
- dash chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1½ to 2 inch chunks
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded, roasted, skinned + diced*
- 2 cups of corn
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 3 scallions, chopped
- ½ cup of cilantro
- Whisk together vinegar, seasonings and the two minced garlic cloves. Slowly whisk in olive oil; set aside. Boil sweet potatoes and remaining three whole garlic cloves in salted water just until fork tender - approximately 20 minutes. Drain and let cool, discarding garlic cloves.
- In a large serving bowl, stir together vinaigrette, poblano peppers, corn, bell peppers, scallions and cilantro. Add sweet potatoes and toss together. Add additional salt and coarse black pepper to taste.