Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 8am
Cook time: 7am
I could eat sweet potatoes every day, easily. Here’s another recipe, great for spring and summe, perfect for picnics as there’s no pesky mayo to worry about, and sure to be a healthy hit. This recipe for Southwest Sweet Potato Salad is simply amazing!
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 5 garlic cloves, 2 minced and 3 peeled but whole
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon of a smoked paprika
- dash chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1½ to 2 inch chunks
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded, roasted, skinned + diced*
- 2 cups of corn
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 3 scallions, chopped
- ½ cup of cilantro
- Whisk together vinegar, seasonings and the two minced garlic cloves. Slowly whisk in olive oil; set aside. Boil sweet potatoes and remaining three whole garlic cloves in salted water just until fork tender - approximately 20 minutes. Drain and let cool, discarding garlic cloves.
- In a large serving bowl, stir together vinaigrette, poblano peppers, corn, bell peppers, scallions and cilantro. Add sweet potatoes and toss together. Add additional salt and coarse black pepper to taste.