- ⅔ lbs (2 medium) potatoes -- cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained -- (8 ¾ ounces)
- 1 can diced mild green chiles -- (4 ounces)
- 1 can sliced ripe olives, drained -- (2 ¼ ounce can)
- 1 jar sliced pimientos -- (2 ounces), drained
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro or parsley
- 8 eggs, or 2 cups egg substitute
- 2 tbsp water
- pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat broiler.
- Place potatoes in shallow 1 ½- to 2-quart microwave- safe dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap, venting one corner.
- Microwave on high 5 minutes.
- Coat 10-inch nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray; add potatoes and cook over medium heat, turning occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl mix remaining ingredients except pepper and cheese; season with pepper.
- Pour mixture over potatoes.
- Cover; cook over medium heat until eggs are almost set, about 10 minutes.
- Remove cover.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Wrap skillet handle in double thickness of aluminum foil.
- Place skillet 4 to 5 inches from heat source.
- Watching closely, broil 1 to 3 minutes to finish cooking eggs and melt cheese.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
- Microwave cooking times are based on a 700-watt microwave. Adjust cooking times to your own oven.
- Suggested serving companions: orange and onion salad; warm corn tortillas; strawberries
Nutritional Information per serving Edit
- 310 calories
- 17 g fat
- 435 mg cholesterol
- 850 mg sodium
- 24 g carbohydrate
- 3 g fiber
- 20 g protein.