Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Stick to your ribs cooking, Cajun-style.
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup diced celery
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can diced tomatoes
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground thyme
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb cubed cooked ham
- Cook the onions, bell pepper, celery, and garlic in two tbsp of the oil in a dutch oven, about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook until shrimp are pink, about 5 minutes.
- Remove shrimp mixture and reserve.
- Add last tbsp oil to the pan along with the rice and cook over med-high heat about ten minutes, until the rice is a light brown, stirring frequently to prevent scorching.
- Stir in the broth, tomatoes, salt, pepper, thyme, Tabasco, and the bay leaf.
- Heat mixture to a boil then cover, reduce hear and simmer, about 15 – 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in the reserved shrimp and also the ham.
- Cover and cook until heated through.
- Remove bay leaf, and serve.