Purchased from the Miller Estate in Wills Point, Texas in 1992. Dated 1908.
- Heat milk (scalding) in medium saucepan.
- Using a large uncrackable bowl, put 1/2 box of wafers and slice 1/2 of bananas.
- Beat eggs until frothy. Pour some hot milk into eggs.
- Pour back into pan, stirring constantly until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Pour 1/2 mixture over bananas, covering all. Add remaining wafers and slice remaining bananas.
- Pour remaining milk mixture over all bananas. Cool and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate.
- Serve plain or top with Cool Whip.