- 2 pounds thick round steak
- shortening or lard
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- dash of Tabasco
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- Brown steak on both sides in shortening.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add egg yolks, half and half, Worcestershire sauce as well as Tabasco sauce.
- Mix well and fold in egg white.
- Place steak in a baking pan with a little of the grease from the skillet.
- Pour the flour mixture over the steak.
- Bake about 1½ hours at 350°F or until steak is tender.
- Unusual way and easy to serve a very old southern steak.