Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here is a colorful and delicious dish that is easy to prepare and a meal in itself. Serve for a festive dinner with a molded apricot and pineapple salad, hot biscuits, and a tart apple pie for dessert. These are moist and tender and delicious!
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
- Baking Time: 1 Hr.
- Serves 4
- 4 center-cut pork chops, ¾ to 1-inch thick
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 beef bouillon cubes dissolved in 2½ cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 4 slices tomatoes, ¼-inch thick
- 4 slices white onions, ¼-inch thick
- 4 slices green pepper, ¼-inch thick
- Sprinkle chops on both sides, using 1¼ teaspoon of the salt and ¼ teaspoon of the lemon pepper.
- In heavy skillet, brown chops in butter over medium-high heat.
- Remove to platter.
- Add dissolved bouillon cubes and Worcestershire sauce, scraping skillet to loosen pan drippings.
- Stir in rice.
- Cook rice in bouillon mixture according to package directions for half the time required. No additional salt is needed.
- Place partially cooked rice and liquid in bottom of oiled baking dish.
- Arrange chops on top.
- Over each chop place 1 slice each of tomato, onion and green pepper.
- Sprinkle with remaining salt and lemon pepper.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until chops are easily pierced with a fork.