- Combine the Red Stripe beer and cup buttermilk in a large glass bowl.
- Add chicken to the bowl and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, jerk seasoning, cornstarch, paprika, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Mix to combine.
- Drain the chicken and discard the marinade.
- Toss the chicken lightly one at a time to coat them.
- You can use a zip lock bag with the breading mixture to do this.
- Place the breaded chicken on a large baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Be sure they do not touch each other.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Pour oil in 2 – 3 inch deep skillet.
- Heat oil to approx 355°F (check with frying thermometer).
- Add the chicken 2 at a time.
- Fry each for about 4 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown.
- Remove each piece of chicken and place on paper towel to drain oil.
- Transfer to an oven safe platter once oil is drained.
- Place in an oven set at 200°F to keep warm.
- Once all the chicken is cooked, it is best to serve immediately.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.