Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Appetizer Recipes by the New Jersey Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 48 littleneck clams
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 1 x 8 oz. package of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound bacon, sliced and diced
- 1 stick of melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Scrub clams under cold running water until clean.
- Steam the clams in a large pot until they open. Remove one shell from each clam.
- Place the clams on the half shell on a baking sheet; dab each clam with half a teaspoon of butter.
- In a large skillet, fry together the diced bell pepper and the bacon until well done. Drain on paper towels to remove grease, crumble the bacon and place some bacon and pepper on each clam. Cover with the shredded cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 3 – 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted.