Looking to liven up your ordinary chicken breast or other lean meat? Invariably, many store-bought condiments and marinades are loaded with added sugars. What's the solution? How about trying this tasty barbecue sauce — perfect for marinating, seasoning, and dipping!
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The South Beach Diet Cookbook
- Makes about 1 cup
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tsp chopped parsley
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- In a resealable container, combine the tomato sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, parsley, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Keeps covered in the refrigerator for 1 week.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (The recipe did not specify how much is a serving...but I am assuming it is small...most likely about 1 Tbsp — Gloria)
- 21 Calories | 0g Total Fat (0g Sat) | 0mg Cholesterol | 6g Carbs | 0.5g Protein | 0.5g Fiber | 290mg Sodium