Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Yields 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped red bell peppers
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 (14½ ounces) can beef broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup drained capers
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, bell peppers and garlic; sauté 5 minutes.
- Add beef, cumin and cayenne pepper; sauté until beef is brown, breaking up beef with back of fork, about 8 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, broth, peas and capers.
- Simmer until picadillo is thick, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.