In Romanian: Bors de vitel
- 1¾ lbs / 750 g veal
- 2 qts / 2 l water
- 1 qt / 1 l borsh
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 parsley root
- 1 celery root
- 1 tablespoon rice
- 1 teaspoon chopped lovage
- 1 egg
- Cut the veal in pieces, set to boil and remove foam periodically.
- Add salt and the quartered carrot, celery root, onion and parsley root.
- Let boil slowly, covered, until the meat is tender.
- Remove the veal pieces, move them into a clean pot, remove the vegetables and strain the liquid.
- Add this liquid to the veal pieces.
- Add the rice, the borsh and let boil until the rice is done.
- Add the chopped lovage and before serving, beat one egg in.