In Romanian: Ciorba de burta
- 2 pounds / 1 kg tripe (fresh, not processed)
- 1 leg veal or other pieces of veal
- 4 qts salted water
- 1 carrot
- 1 parsnip
- 1 whole onion (peeled)
- 2 bay leaves
- a few pepper berries
- 2 – 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons vinegar or half a lemon
- Wash and clean the tripe and veal.
- Set to boil in the salted water, together with the carrots, parsnip and onion, bay leaves and pepper. Boil at medium heat until tender.
- Take the meat out, let it cool and then cut it in strips, like noodles.
- Move the meat to another pot, and strain the boiling liquid.
- Let it boil a few more minutes.
- Aside, beat 2 – 3 yolks with the vinegar or lemon juice.
- Then slowly incorporate into the liquid in the pot.
- Taste to see if it is salty and sour enough and serve immediately.