Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Ciorba de burta
- 2 pounds / 1 kg tripe (fresh, not processed)
- 1 leg veal or other pieces of veal
- 4 qts salted water
- 1 carrot
- 1 parsnip
- 1 whole onion (peeled)
- 2 bay leaves
- a few pepper berries
- 2 – 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons vinegar or half a lemon
- Wash and clean the tripe and veal.
- Set to boil in the salted water, together with the carrots, parsnip and onion, bay leaves and pepper. Boil at medium heat until tender.
- Take the meat out, let it cool and then cut it in strips, like noodles.
- Move the meat to another pot, and strain the boiling liquid.
- Let it boil a few more minutes.
- Aside, beat 2 – 3 yolks with the vinegar or lemon juice.
- Then slowly incorporate into the liquid in the pot.
- Taste to see if it is salty and sour enough and serve immediately.