The original recipe calls for the duck to be stewed but I find that it tastes even better grilled!
- lime juice
- star anise
- rice wine
- bean paste
- dark soy sauce
- preserved plum
- sesame oil
- sea salt
- sweet plum sauce
- Rub duck with salt and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Grind ginger, garlic and pepper.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and marinate the duck for at least 30 minutes.
- Place duck in ceramic baking bowl half soaking in marinate and microwave/grill for about 30 minutes till skin is crispy and brown turning once.
- Mix gravy with sweet plum sauce and serve.