A surprise filling of brown sugar streusel makes this pumpkin-flavored cake a special treat. Save a bit of icing for drizzling over each serving of this wonderful cake.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 16 servings
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup cooked or canned pumpkin
- 1 container (8 oz) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 12-cup bundt pan.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and allspice in small bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat granulated sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add pumpkin, sour cream and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
To Assemble Edit
- Spoon half of batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle streusel over batter, not allowing streusel to touch sides of pan.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Make sure batter layer touches edges of pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 30 minutes in pan on wire rack.
- Invert onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Drizzle with glaze.
- Combine powdered sugar and orange juice or milk in small bowl; stir until smooth.