Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes about 1¼ pound
- Yield: 24 Servings
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup walnut halves (optional)
- Butter 8 inch square pan, set aside.
- Lightly butter side of heavy, medium saucepan.
- Combine sour cream, milk, corn syrup, butter and sugar in prepared saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil.
- Wash down sides of pan with pastry brush frequently dipped in hot water to remove sugar crystals.
- Add candy thermometer.
- Continue to cook until mixture reaches the soft-ball stage (238°F).
- Pour into large heat-proof mixer bowl.
- Cool to lukewarm (115°F).
- Add vanilla and beat with heavy duty electric mixer until thick.
- Spread into prepared pans.
- Score fudge into small squares with knife.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into squares.
- Place walnut halves on each piece.
- Store in refrigerator.